Protecting Your Financial Future After Medical Malpractice

Medical negligence can have severe, life-altering results. From an allergic reaction to medication to an error made during surgery, a doctor's mistakes can impact an entire family. If you or a loved one was injured due to medical malpractice, schedule a free consultation at our firm to discuss the situation.

With more than 50 years of combined experience, the New Albany medical malpractice lawyers at The Law Office of Nick Stein are ready to help you. Whether we need to enlist the aid of trusted medical professionals or other industry experts, we will strive to gain a clear understanding of the mistakes that were made that led to your injury or worsening condition.

Holding Negligent Doctors And Nurses Accountable

Medical malpractice may arise when a patient suffers injury or death because of a mistake made by a doctor, nurse, hospital or other health care professional. The mistake may have been caused by carelessness or negligence.

Common medical malpractice issues include treatment resulting in birth trauma (injury to infant or mother), infant brain injury or cerebral palsy; the failure to diagnose and/or properly treat cancer, heart attacks, strokes or infections; and surgical procedures resulting in unexpected complications or injuries. Almost all medical malpractice cases will require the attorney to review your medical records.

You have a legal right to view and request a copy of your medical records. It is helpful, but not required, if you bring your medical records along when you meet with an attorney. Even if you are not sure your case is strong enough to go to trial, an experienced attorney may see potential where you may not. Two of our attorneys, Nick Stein and Steve Meyer, have more than 30 years' experience working with medical malpractice cases.

Contact Our Firm

Call us to take a first step toward compensation for a medical malpractice claim. Remember, your initial case evaluation is at no cost to you and you don't pay unless we win or settle your case. Call or email our Floyd County, Indiana, office today.